Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hall Of Fame Event=Free drinks/food in the BIG APPLE


Last night, Monday December 8th was the celebration of former PSU Runningback Curt Warner being inducted into the College Football Hall Of Fame. Now beyond all the praise and glory this man got I was mostly impressed with the food and drink selection. Before I go on I have to say it really is an honor to be a part of such a traditional program that consistently produces first class players every year. Okay so last night was like the prime time of networking and meeting up with former teammates etc. 1st off I was not expecting Coach Joe to be in attendance, but he was there gave a small speech and was funny as usual. When I walked in I picked up my name tag off the desk out front and placed it on my shirt. I had no idea it was a "rule" to have the name tag on the left side of your body because it's more visible when shaking hands. Me being the ass that I am, I wouldn't say my name when being social but just pointed to the name tag. I mean what else are they for lol. Not knowing many people there I headed straight to the back bar. Ordered two drinks off the bat because I had showed up late and had to mix in with the crowd asap. The food there was phenomenal with sliced tuna and honey gazed ham so I was in heaven. It's not usual you are able to attend such a cool event for free in NYC, so I had to take full advantage.
I was amazed at how many former players lived in the city. After talking to a handful of people we all decided we need to keep this family connected so some were considering making a facebook group. We'd be able to set more events and get togethers since we all have something in common and live so close to each other. I love these types of events because I'm always the young one there and people are always interested in the new comers to the real world and thankfully for me I love to be social and talk about all the cool things I've been doing. I really hope to keep these connections going so we all can go out and just get drunk and have fun lol. In time I'll grow up and say lets all go to an apple picking event or something, but for now I'll keep on playing hard while I can.
Tomorrow I'll be talking about the bowl game coming up for New Years day in Orlando, so stay tuned =)...K BYEEEEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment