Friday, December 18, 2009

Can you feel it in the Air? It's time for a Jingle or 2


Christmas is right around the corner...yippy! No no I really don't care too much about the holidays. I'm not against it in any way but I can't remember the last time I was involved with the "Christmas Spirit". For the past couple of years my holidays were either spent at a restaurant with my beautiful mother or being on the road for a bowl game. It's not something I avoid, but I really don't see the purpose of decorating an apartment when you live alone. Between the lights and tree and the thingy on the front door, it's just a waste of time for me. I actually like the fact that i'm so different to the point where it's not a tradition to decorate and do the whole opening gifts under the tree gig. In the future if I have a family and stuff i will be new to the whole experience again. I remember Christmases when I was a little kid in North Carolina and my entire family would be at the same house all awaiting that morning. I was the only member who would be an ass and be awake at 3am just scurrying through the gifts looking for my name on presents and just opening them on my own terms. I would then after go drink the milk and cookies and claim I shared them with Santa Claus haha. I know this year Momma Bintz and I will choose to go to a fancy restaurant and just have a meal and maybe catch a movie, possibly a chick flick which I'll suffer through for the holiday cheer cause.
If I can say anything to everyone I would encourage all to enjoy that time with your family and friends and don't let the holiday season be an excuse to bring everyone together. I know that I'll be happy once I get down to Florida and cruise around in a convertible to extend my dream season and top it off with a nice New Years and a PSU win.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!! K BYYYYEEEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment