Monday, June 28, 2010

Blackmaiin Goes to Washington DC


OMG! I haven't update in forever, well anyway the past couple of weeks I’ve kept busy with writing little things here and there and I just got back from Washington DC. My little cousin was in the capitol to accept a Presidential Scholar award. My mother and I were invited to watch her receive her medal for being such an accomplished young woman. It’s great to see youth at it’s finest. These kids had talented skills inside and out of the classroom. I was thinking back to when I was in high school and receiving accolades for being an All-American athlete and what not and it’s always amazing to look back at but what’s done is done. I don’t really care about what happened in the past, it’s all about the present and the future. I feel like it’s counter productive to dwell on the former accomplishments and not shoot for new ones but that’s just me.

Anyway, I just finished reading another book called “Street Lawyer” by John Grisham and the novel takes place in D.C. So what did I do? Of course I took out the camera and went sight seeing around the places where the fictional story took place. It’s real cool to read a story and kind of pretend you’re in the authors shoes seeing where scenes take place and describing how each setting was put into words. In the future I would LOVE to write a screenplay for this story because I already had casted characters in my mind and played it out in my head.

Well, that’s really all I have to speak about today...these next two weeks can turn out to be phenomenal as my black friends are coming out to play for a few days so some new videos will definitely be in effect.

K BYEEEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment