Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Episodes 1-5 Are in the Bag!


Okay soooo some of you guys are aware that I finally got Final Draft 8 to begin my writing adventures. For some reason I can never focus on just one project at a time so I decided to get cracking on our show "Roomies". These short episodes are about me and my three buddies who share an apartment in the city. Obviously the shows are all scripted, giving me the opportunity to practice my writing skills. Each episode will be between 8-10 minutes (hopefully) and are all comedic. I just want to say that I'm happy because I finished writing the 1st drafts of 5 shows. When I return to NYC we'll go over the scripts and edit edit them so we can make the show as funny as possible. In time I hope to include random guest appearances of our friends and so on. There are 16 episodes I wrote summaries for and will get through them within the duration of the summer.

I decided to start small with Final Draft instead of going all out with my first screenplay. Writing an entire movie is real intense and I'm still getting used to this new software. This is definitely an adventure when creating a story. At times i'll forget that I'm the only one reading what I write at first so i'm allowed to make countless mistakes. In time i'll pick up on everything I need to since I think i'm a fast learner lol.

Welp, it's my 4th day here in the mountains and I can say that it's peaceful and all but I'm beginning to miss the loud noises and FAT foods at every corner.

That's all I have to chat about today so BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment