Monday, June 7, 2010

Pong Tournament...Epic FAIL



Oh how the mighty have fallen lol. This past Saturday Dukes on 19th street hosted the 1st annual Beer Pong Tournament with Penn State vs. Syracuse for charity. My buddy and I signed up as soon as we heard of the event. Now us both being former football players, the competitive edge was already going to be there. For about two weeks we talked about how we we’re going to dominate the showdown versus Syracuse.

We were the first to arrive at around 12:50pm. The open bar was from 1pm-5pm so we had to get started on the drinks. The tournament was set to begin at around 1:30 so we socialized a little bit with other people at the venue. As the teams started to filter in, the announcer started pointing everyone towards their respective tables.

With the booze flowing, our competition didn't look intimidating at all. SO the rules were as normal for any pong game...10 cups, 2 consecutive shots made and the team gets the balls back, 2 re-racks etc. I was already in the zone, shooting 5 for 5 in my opening shots I began to get a little too comfortable with celebrations and high fives all around. I want to say we were leading by about 7 cups. Then out of nowhere the other team started shooting like Ray Allen in game 2 vs. the Lakers. About 5 minutes later the game was over and my confidence was shot.

OKAY so it’s only a pong game but these trophies they had were amazing and I wanted one on my wall mount in my room badly lol. After the devastating and embarrassing loss we slithered our way to the bar and just began taking advantage of the remaining 3hr and 15min open bar.

Next time their is an alumni event I hope we will either be more prepared OR won’t start celebrating until a secure win haha. The only thing that can sum up Saturdays event is TRAGIC, just TRAGIC.

1 comment:

  1. Why did I not know about a Penn State v Cuse pong tourney? Austin, not cool...

    ReplyDelete