Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 It's a Sleepy Celebration


HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!! I am amazed at how warm it was these past 3 days. Well let’s get to it. I am sorry that PSU had lost the Outback bowl. I wish I could comment on the game but I fell asleep mid 3rd quarter, or so I was told lol. Aside from that loss, all of my local teams came out with a W. The Giants didn’t make the playoffs so that’s a bummer. Jets post season action should be fun since the Colts are beatable this year.

OKAY let’s go with the official weekend recap. With my sleep struggles, I had made it a point to take sleep medications on Thursday evening so I could be well rested for the NYE party and continuing throughout the weekend. Of course the meds didn’t kick in until Friday afternoon when I was already in my “go time” stage. When you combine sleeping medications, drinking 5hour Energy and alcohol it can only mean one thing...the unexpected ultimate crash. At the start of the evening a group of friends and I went to dinner at Tao restaurant in Midtown East for an awesome meal. Typically I got FAT and enjoyed the hell out of it. Next stop was the pre-game where after two drinks I could easily feel my body struggling to stay awake and had no clue how I was going to make it out the entire night. Once I arrived at the party I was overwhelmed with how great it was so my reserve energy source had kicked in until about 1am.

Woke up on New Years day around 9am and was full of energy and of course had to hit 7A before the PSU game since it’s now considered one of my rituals. After one bloody mary the buzz hit right away. After arriving at Sidebar and having my first beer, I knew the exhaustion was going to kick in. BOOM! around the 3rd quarter I was asleep yet again.

On Sunday it was time for the Knicks game and I don’t even think I have to tell you but by the 8 minute mark in the 2nd qtr, I was K.O’ed. In all these event I was glad I had dependable people keeping me safe and luckily not being removed from all of these places.

It’s now 2011 and one could think that my new years resolution would be not to fall asleep in public places. That is just one thing I never care to resolve lol. I am more of a January 7th resolution guy because everyone seems to be busy working on their resolutions on the 2nd day and most will fail to follow them by the end of the first week.

Next blog will talk about the completion process of DC-17 Documentary The Time Is Now so stay tuned for that ladies and gents. Have a wonderful beginning to 2011 and live it up to the maximus.

K BYEEEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment