Monday, August 2, 2010

How Sweet It Is


Oh man, oh man...I’m back everyone. It’s been a little while but if you didn’t know I was clinging to some tropical liiiife for the past week. I recently returned from St. Thomas and Tortola of the Virgin Islands. Now I say I was there just for filming but it was a trip initially for a family reunion. Of course I had to roll my solo course with my camera and take in the sites so that’s exactly what I did. I took the 7 day opportunity to film a short documentary called “How Sweet It Is”

It’s amazing how much more you appreciate things as you get older. When I think about how many things i’ve seen and done I didn't really see it as “wowing” moments at that time, but when I was on the islands just taking notice of the culture and scenery it just stops me in my tracks to catch my breath.

This documentary will be similar to that show “Life” that airs on the discovery channel. It will be many video sequences with music and my narration of my experience there BUT here’s the twist...after I put all the footage together i will freestyle the narration portions after and/or during a night of heavy drinking. It seems unorthodox but it’s the way I do things and in filmmaking there are no gotdamn rules lol. I’ll finish this film before the end of September so be patient. The next blog i’ll be talking about my challenge of not drinking beer for the month of August

K BYEEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment