Monday, May 10, 2010

Saturday's and Cafe's


This past Saturday was a great one. In exception for the hurricane like winds and the unwilling helper at Ikea I gave the day an overall 9.5. Around 6pm a friend and I took a subway over to the West Village, Cafe Vivaldi to watch a band perform. My old friend from like 1st grade is the drummer/producer of the group and I’ve been wanting to watch them perform for quite a while. Now knowing me, you would understand that I’m not a fan of any new music. It shows because my newest iPod track is from the Nellyville album lol. Mari Solis is the name of the group that performed and I have to say it gave me new hope for something I can listen to. I had previously listened to their music on the computer and got into the soulful rhythm. The lead singer has an amazing and the band seemed to have great chemistry live. After showing up about 20 minutes after the show started, we breezed past the front of the stage and ordered our Bud Lights and mellowed out along with the rest of the crowd as they were already doing. It was real cool to see a small venue packed and everyone was singing along so it was pretty much impossible to not enjoy the atmosphere.

Anyway I’m glad I decided to give new original music a chance again and won’t be surprised if I hear one of their songs on the radio in months to come. I really did enjoy this group and will be looking forward to seeing them perform again.
http://marisolis.com/

The next blog post will come soon hopefully, who knows when or what I will be talking about since my mood changes every single freakin’ day but stay tuned =)

K BYEEEEEE

1 comment:

  1. this is blog is gettin on the facebook. Thanks yo, forreals.

    ReplyDelete