Monday, May 17, 2010

As we go on, we remember....2 years!


Well well well, It has been two years since I walked up on the stage and grabbed my diploma. With a terrible hangover and a rugged beard I was taking the next step in liiiife. If you didn't realize yet I'm talking about graduation. I still remember seeing the look on my mothers face because she was so proud. I have to admit i was surprised myself. I also remember waiting for my final grade to come in to show that I would have my name called come the big day.

Graduation day is probably one of the best achievements that one can accomplish. In my last semester of school I was convinced that I wasn't going to play football any longer so I took the last few months of my college career living as just a student. Let me tell you, I let loose to the maximum. 3 straight weeks of partying and eating late night food while growing the most wretched beard known to man. I wanted to live it up all because for 3 1/2 years I was dedicating all of my time to school and football. My last semester wasn't quite a breeze but I was committed to getting my degree in no longer than 4 years.

I want to say good luck in the future for all the recent graduates. This next step for the those kids can vary in many different ways. Some will go back home and carefully plan their next move, some already have jobs lined up from internships and what not, and some will consider going back to school for a masters and so on. My only advise would be to carefully go through every picture on facebook and delete the ones that make you look like a fool. I know it sounds stupid but these HR departments for major companies have ways of going through privacy accounts and seeing everything that is posted online and if you want to land a prime time job it’s better to be safe than sorry. Everything that is posted on the Internet from a person is recorded somewhere in some shape or form and most departments know how to get more details on a person aside from a simple resume.

With the recession still in effect some may have to start off working with a lower pay than expected. After I got done with school I had my mind set on saying “I got a degree from PSU and i’m gonna work in new york city” but obviously it didn't go as planned at first, but in time with enough connections and knowledge of what i wanted to do, things are STILL falling into place.

Anyway congrats and good luck to all the recent graduates. With PSU Alum being the largest alumni association in the country I wouldn't say it will be extremely hard to start going on the right path but patience is key at this time.

That is all for today =) K BYEEEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment