Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm bLaCk, black in the New York grooooooove

Finally, I’m back in the regular shwing of things. I wonder how long it will take me to recover from the west coast time zone and to get back on good terms with my cat, who I feel like I haven’t seen for month’s lol. Being in California for a week then flying straight to PSU can definitely drain a person but it’s exactly how I planned events and I refuse to ever complain about my liiiiiiifestyle. Homecoming weekend got a little out of hand on my part haha. After functioning on a different schedule and then trying to get back into college lifestyle for a few days, WOW. Even though I miss those good ol’ days where the after parties was a definite spot to be I just said “it’s time for bed” so I guess I lost a little bit of that spark after being out of school for over a year.

Last week I had posted a comment on Facebook, asking if it was weird to introduce yourself to a person you were Internet friends with, but never met them personally. It was just a random question because I know a lot of people are shy and hide behind their computer screens and status updates and stuff. I am just the exact opposite and I took it upon myself to go about this personal challenge lol. While in the club Sat night I asked a friend to approach a girl whose face I recognized so I can actually meet her. NOW, before this makes it seem bad I had it very well planned…

1) I asked a friend of mine, who everyone could recognized him (& u can probably guess who I’m talking about) 2 approach the girl

2) I told my boy to point me out first and mention that I already knew her name through facebookbutt so it was a clear that was the reason for the convo

3) And last I pulled this move off in a public place so it wouldn’t come off as awkward like in an alley way or outside a public bathroom

So, I had thought I approached the situation rather well, turns out the girl was real rude and just didn’t wanna shake my hand or nothing and it wasn’t like I was even trying to hit on her or anything like that. Just a simple introduction and maybe another person I could spark up a convo with. Turns out she was more interested in the friend of mine who I asked to go up to her, but you win some & you lose some.

Anyway, I doubt my attitude will ever change so if I see someone I recognize you better bet your ass if I don’t know you and I’m in a talking mood you’ll get a visit from the Blackmaiin ;). These next two weeks require no traveling which is excellent but many meetings and cool work stuff will be taking place…HA! I was just completely lying, ill be very busy these next couple of days so look for another post around Thursday pleasth…K BYEEEEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment