Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Transition


There has been such a huge change since college ended. The roommate situation was always a great thing and now I think it's cool how all of us have split up and went our own ways. I still talk to my former 4 1/2 roomies at least once a week and we just talk about the difference between now and then. I remember going back to our apartment and just looking at stacks of trash ready to be taken out or the mess Frenzy had caused around the bathroom and everyone would just look at each other and ask "is it my turn to clean"? hahaha. The transition from college to now has been fairly simple but tremendously different. When you go away to school you are forced to learn things that you don't do when you live at home, such as laundry and cooking cleaning etc. Having roommates is great but I don't see myself ever having them again unless it is back with any of the same crew from 4103. There were times when you would want to relax and someone would have company over or just having loud music playing during nap time but that comes with the territory of living with other people. I must admit, I was a cause of a lot of destruction in our apt at school but it was all good. Now I feel like it's almost the same concept except now I can't walk down the hall and pester anyone so I just write and do these blogs lol.

Just last week I hung out with two of my former roomies and we all just talked about the situations that went on when we lived together and I quickly said this is exactly why those treasured events should never be forgotten and that is why I am developing this one show "4103". I actually love living on my own because there are basically no rules. I can walk around naked and cook breakfast at dinner, you know just some of those random things. When I look back I am so grateful that I got a chance to live with others for four years because it was a great experience but that phase has ended for now. Well this random post is just something to read if you are bored and that is about it so i'll holler back soon =)

K BYEEEEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment